Monday, May 20, 2013

Reflection on Day 1

So, stream of consciousness here we go, rather strange film composed of a lot of scratching on film and dying of film. At points I wondered if the artist had painted the film or if he was careful to cut some parts deeper to get a different color. But, that may just be 35mm that has different layers, because a light scratch on 35mm would be white, and a slightly deeper one would green then really deep ones can reach a range of cyan and magenta. Either way it was all very well timed with the music which must have been tricky to pull off. I wonder how he could have been so precise with the tiny dots on the film when they were on the screen by themselves. At one point I thought a song from disney was playing but I'm pretty sure I was mistaken. Makes me excited to start scratching into film, because all this time I've been careful not to damage any film with my work as a projectionist. So yay now I can let out all my inner destruction! Don't know much else to say but I have to keep writing so the dying effects were pretty. The deep red looked nice but I wonder how he pulled off the two toned dying effect. Hopefully I get to learn how to do some stuff like that, ought to be fun to learn rotoscoping and what not. Guess that's all I have to say, the movie was entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment